The whole world is afraid and grappling with some unprecedented situations. Everyone is affected; it doesn’t matter the rung of the ladder you are in. A rich man is afraid just as a poor man is troubled. Fear is all over the news and this is destructive.
Fear is immobilizing and paralyzing but total deliverance from fear comes through the love of God. A revelation of the love of God will deliver you from fear. If you can only see with the eyes of your heart, you will be free from fear and you will begin to walk in the line of victory.
Ephesians 3:19, And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God. The prayer of the apostle Paul is that you would know the love of God which is more than knowledge so that you will be filled with the fullness of God.
Our perception of The Father has been warped by the poor examples of fathers we see around us. God is our Heavenly Father and He is the ultimate Father from whom every earthly father could learn. He provides for all. He satisfies the desire of every creature.
- Through Jesus we can experience God’s Fatherhood
- Our experience in God’s Fatherhood is what validates Jesus’ ministry
- The Father’s Love is the crux of New Testament Christianity
- The new theme in this Father-son relationship is inheritance
- The absence of this understanding brings a curse but if you discover it, it will bring blessings. Mal 4:6
When God gave us His Son He gave us His best, but when He gave us His Holy Spirit He gave us His all. His nature as a Father compels Him to love us and protect us and give us all that pertains to life and godliness. God wants to bless you more than you are willing to receive.
Implications of this relationship
- This is the basis of answered prayers. Jn 16:23, 27
- There should be no worry or anxiety because He is a responsible Father. Jn 14:21-23
- He is the husbandman in a planet of orphans. Ps 27:10
- We are never alone. Jn 17:23
What to do with the Father’s Love?
- Know His love to enjoy it
- Act on it to enjoy it
- Feel free to enjoy it
God might be the judge of the whole world, but He is my Father. Your capacity to love Him depends on your acceptance of His love. Psalm 27:10, When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up.
A message preached by Pastor Alex Adegboye.